Emergency Medicine Jobs in Indiana
Saturday · January 19, 2019
1 Job in The Hoosier State
Photo: Lucas Oil Stadium viewed from across the White River.
This emergency medicine job was previously available. It is displayed here for reference.
The annual salary for this job depends on experience.
This permanent emergency medicine job (Indianapolis) is from a hospital-owned practice.
- Staff Emergency Medicine physicians evaluate the patient to assess changes in the physical and mental status during their stay in the ED.
- United States Citizenship Required.
- Provision of medical care according to his/her privileges.
- Emergency Department providers are able to perform all services required in the practice of Emergency Medicine in the context of the VA system (the spectrum of patient illnesses typically seen in the Roudebush ED) and document appropriately in the electronic record.
- Assessment may include gathering verbal and documented history, physical and mental status examination and medical, radiology, and laboratory evaluation.
- Duties and Responsibilities of the Emergency Medicine Physician.
- Veteran Health Administration | Committed Careers | Veteran Health Indiana.
- 26 paid annual leave days / 10 paid Federal holidays / 13 paid sick days of leave each year with no limit on accumulation.
- Staff Emergency Medicine physicians are appropriately credentialed and privileged.
- Degree of doctor of medicine or an equivalent degree resulting from a course of education in medicine or osteopathic medicine.
- Application of accepted protocols for assessment of individual patients presenting with various medical conditions according to accepted community and VA standards (pneumonia, Acute Chest Pain Syndrome, Congestive Heart Failure, abdominal pain, delirium, etc).
- Staff Emergency Medicine physicians are ultimately responsible for all aspects of medical care delivered to patients in the ED.
- You may be required to serve a probationary period.
- No practice operating costs, no malpractice or insurance.
- As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding.
- Staff Emergency Medicine physicians shall be responsible for outpatient care, and graduate and undergraduate medical education, and scientific research as appropriate.
- Qualifications of the VA Physician.
- Diagnostic and therapeutic description or formulation to guide appropriate acute and secondary treatment interventions.
- Veteran Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Educational experiences are also provided to appropriate health care personnel who are involved in ED care (e.
- This position may require a background check, security clearance, and/or drug screening.
- Only one active, unrestricted state license is required to work in any VA facility.
- Physician - Emergency Medicine Job in Indianapolis, IN.
- Benefits offered to the VA Physician.
- Staff Emergency Medicine physicians perform outpatient medical evaluations and treatment.
- Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent.
- A career with the United States Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package.
- Our employees have an outstanding number of health insurance plans from which to choose, including exceptional vision and dental plans.
- VA employees are covered by the Federal Employees Retirement System (Fers).
- We have an exceptional opportunity for a Emergency Medicine Physician to join Veteran Health Indiana at the Richard L. Roudebush VA Medical Center located in Indianapolis, IN.
- A progress note is written in the patient's chart.
- Selected applicants will be required to complete an online onboarding process.
- Current, full and unrestricted license to practice medicine or surgery in a State, Territory, or Commonwealth of the United States, or in the District of Columbia.
- Similar to the 401(k) savings plans widely available in the private sector, the TSP allows employees to tax defer a portion of their income each year, subject to the requirements of the Internal Revenue Service.
- Selective Service Registration is required for males born after 12/31/1959.
- Continuing Medical Education allowance.
- Must be proficient in written and spoken English.
- They participate in various hospital committees, Medicine or Ambulatory Service and hospital in-service programs, and education programs of the Medicine Service and the hospital.
- United States Citizenship: Non-citizens may only be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with VA Policy.
- Arranging for appropriate follow-up care for those patients who are discharged from the Emergency Department.
- Functions/Scope of Position.
- Fers is a three-tier retirement plan composed of Social Security benefits, Fers basic benefits, and the Thrift Savings Plan (TSP).
- Staff Emergency Medicine physicians provide or assist residents and/or the nurse practitioner in the process of evaluation and treatment of the ED patient, and actively participate in corrective actions against untoward responses to medical interventions.
- They are also involved in continuous quality improvement through the VA peer review process.
- Notes also include the concurrence with notes written by the resident or Nurse Practitioner, and attending notes as appropriate.
- Completion of residency training, or its equivalent, approved by the Secretary of Veterans Affairs in an accredited core specialty training program leading to eligibility for board certification.
- During scheduled tour hours, staff Emergency Medicine physicians shall be available for all emergency interventions as part of the ED staff team.
- Admitting or consultative service team members such as fellows, residents, medical students, social work interns/staff, physician assistant and nursing students, Utilization management personnel, and Emergency Medical Services staff).
- Proficiency in spoken and written English.
- Minimal on.
- The degree must have been obtained from one of the schools approved by the Department of Veterans Affairs for the year in which the course of study was completed.
This perm job from Partners was last open on Jan 14.