Emergency Medicine Jobs in Indiana
Sunday · September 22, 2019
1 Job in The Hoosier State
Photo: Lucas Oil Stadium viewed from across the White River.
This emergency medicine job was previously available. It is displayed here for reference.
The annual salary for this job depends on experience.
This permanent emergency medicine job (Indianapolis) is from a hospital-owned practice.
- Staff Emergency Medicine physicians perform outpatient medical evaluations and treatment.
- Selective Service Registration is required for males born after 12/31/1959.
- Minimal on.
- You may be required to serve a probationary period.
- Must be proficient in written and spoken English.
- Assessment may include gathering verbal and documented history, physical and mental status examination and medical, radiology, and laboratory evaluation.
- Application of accepted protocols for assessment of individual patients presenting with various medical conditions according to accepted community and VA standards (pneumonia, Acute Chest Pain Syndrome, Congestive Heart Failure, abdominal pain, delirium, etc).
- Similar to the 401(k) savings plans widely available in the private sector, the TSP allows employees to tax defer a portion of their income each year, subject to the requirements of the Internal Revenue Service.
- Our employees have an outstanding number of health insurance plans from which to choose, including exceptional vision and dental plans.
- They participate in various hospital committees, Medicine or Ambulatory Service and hospital in-service programs, and education programs of the Medicine Service and the hospital.
- 26 paid annual leave days / 10 paid Federal holidays / 13 paid sick days of leave each year with no limit on accumulation.
- Diagnostic and therapeutic description or formulation to guide appropriate acute and secondary treatment interventions.
- Veteran Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- They are also involved in continuous quality improvement through the VA peer review process.
- Staff Emergency Medicine physicians are appropriately credentialed and privileged.
- Staff Emergency Medicine physicians provide or assist residents and/or the nurse practitioner in the process of evaluation and treatment of the ED patient, and actively participate in corrective actions against untoward responses to medical interventions.
- Provision of medical care according to his/her privileges.
- Staff Emergency Medicine physicians are ultimately responsible for all aspects of medical care delivered to patients in the ED.
- A progress note is written in the patient's chart.
- Emergency Department providers are able to perform all services required in the practice of Emergency Medicine in the context of the VA system (the spectrum of patient illnesses typically seen in the Roudebush ED) and document appropriately in the electronic record.
- Only one active, unrestricted state license is required to work in any VA facility.
- Completion of residency training, or its equivalent, approved by the Secretary of Veterans Affairs in an accredited core specialty training program leading to eligibility for board certification.
- Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent.
- United States Citizenship Required.
- Degree of doctor of medicine or an equivalent degree resulting from a course of education in medicine or osteopathic medicine.
- Selected applicants will be required to complete an online onboarding process.
- Veteran Health Administration | Committed Careers | Veteran Health Indiana.
- Current, full and unrestricted license to practice medicine or surgery in a State, Territory, or Commonwealth of the United States, or in the District of Columbia.
- Admitting or consultative service team members such as fellows, residents, medical students, social work interns/staff, physician assistant and nursing students, Utilization management personnel, and Emergency Medical Services staff).
- Notes also include the concurrence with notes written by the resident or Nurse Practitioner, and attending notes as appropriate.
- This position may require a background check, security clearance, and/or drug screening.
- A career with the United States Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package.
- The degree must have been obtained from one of the schools approved by the Department of Veterans Affairs for the year in which the course of study was completed.
- As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding.
- Qualifications of the VA Physician.
- We have an exceptional opportunity for a Emergency Medicine Physician to join Veteran Health Indiana at the Richard L. Roudebush VA Medical Center located in Indianapolis, IN.
- United States Citizenship: Non-citizens may only be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with VA Policy.
- Benefits offered to the VA Physician.
- Physician - Emergency Medicine Job in Indianapolis, IN.
- Arranging for appropriate follow-up care for those patients who are discharged from the Emergency Department.
- Duties and Responsibilities of the Emergency Medicine Physician.
- Educational experiences are also provided to appropriate health care personnel who are involved in ED care (e.
- Fers is a three-tier retirement plan composed of Social Security benefits, Fers basic benefits, and the Thrift Savings Plan (TSP).
- During scheduled tour hours, staff Emergency Medicine physicians shall be available for all emergency interventions as part of the ED staff team.
- Proficiency in spoken and written English.
- Continuing Medical Education allowance.
- Staff Emergency Medicine physicians evaluate the patient to assess changes in the physical and mental status during their stay in the ED.
- Staff Emergency Medicine physicians shall be responsible for outpatient care, and graduate and undergraduate medical education, and scientific research as appropriate.
- Functions/Scope of Position.
- VA employees are covered by the Federal Employees Retirement System (Fers).
- No practice operating costs, no malpractice or insurance.
This perm job from Partners was last open on Jan 14.